segunda-feira, 6 de agosto de 2007

Hourglass as musicas e a 1 opiniao...



Aqui fica a track list do album Hourglass de Dave Gahan...E a primeira opiniao de quem ja ouviu o album todo!!!
1. Saw Something
2. Kingdom
3. Deeper & Deeper
4. 21 Days
5. Miracles
6. Use You
7. Insoluble
8. Endless
9. A Little Lie
10. Down

Opiniao...
Let me start by saying that this album is not "a little more electronic" than "Paper Monsters". It's ALOT more electronic!! And much edgier too. Those of you familiar with Eigner's solo album will hear his influence throughout the record. He's well and truly put his mark on it.

The opening song, "Saw Something", struck me as being a very atmospheric song. It's got a really nice build up to it, and leads you into the album in a great way. "Kingdom" is pure Eigner with Dave on vocals. A great track... "In your infinite wisdom / You show me how this life should be"... a hint of contempt in Dave's voice over this brooding, dark and upbeat song. Excellent choice for a first single.

"Deeper & Deeper" reminded me of Björk in places. The distorted vocals, the Basement Jaxx-esque intro, rigid programming, edgy sound. "I'm going down now / deeper and deeper / under you skin / you know that it's right". Kind of sums up the track too... it does get under your skin, and it does feel right!

"21 Days" could be a modern day re-make of "Pipeline". Slow, grinding beat with noisy, some times manic guitar stabs throughout, and gospel-esque vocals. This song needs a few more listens to really make sense of I think. It could be great... it was certainly interesting.

"Miracles" is the albums first bonafide miss. "I don't believe in miracles / They happen every day / I don't believe in Jesus / But I pray anyway" sings Dave, in what I thought was a sorely misplaced snoozefest. "Use You" is a welcome wake up call, and more than makes up for the couple of minutes you just wasted. Dry, distorted vocals, in your face and aggressive were some of the words I jotted down. The song has a great energy to it. Really liked this one!

"Insoluble" - the song I suspect was called "Love Will Leave" at some point - is another one that's hard to judge at first listen. To me it sounded like it could have been pulled from "Exciter"... a sort of "Comatose" part two. I know that will likely scare many of you, but I actually dug it. A slow song that was far from boring... can't wait to revisit this song!

"Endless" was the first song where I noticed the lyrics - or rather the delivery of them - kinda of slipping into a "Paper Monsters" universe. They just seemed a little awkward there for a minute, but not too bad. The track is VERY clubby, and is begging to be remixed... and remixed hard! Another one that I think will grow on me as time passes.

"A Little Lie" is probably the hardest song on there to really pin down. It's another one that builds. Lots and lots of electronics swirling around, playing off each other. It goes from being quite minimalistic to being quite grandiose. Very emotional.

For some reason, the only note I made for the song "Down" was sombre, and to be honest I don't even remember what exactly I meant by that. It just kind of failed to register with me. That isn't to say it was a bad song; just that my attention kind of slipped, I guess.

Anyway, there you go. I am looking forward to this album. A vast improvement over "Paper Monsters"; a daring record in some ways; one that I think will even get a few praises along the way from even Martin Gore.

It's a far cry from the garage rock shenanigans of "Paper Monsters", and - I think - even an improvement of what the trio behind it wrote for "Playing The Angel".

@ http://www.depeche-mode.com/forum/
by Peter²

5 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

esta(simples)opiniao ainda me está a pôr com mais curiosidade sobre o novo album!!!o primeiro album foi massacrado por tudo e por todos,mas eu adoro sinceramente!!!Adoro o album e o dvd!!!Vamos ver o que vem aí...

CarambaMan disse...

EH PA... que camada de nervos... lol... fogo, e nunca mais chega o novo album... estes comentários do Mr. Dave deixaram-me bué ansioso... Bem, mas estas noticias são boas, muito boas mesmo. E vamos ter mesmo que esperar...

Abraços e Beijos
CarambaMan

Anónimo disse...

Eu só li as primeiras palavras d review e já fiquei em pulgas...A LOT MORE ELECTRONIC! Já me babo toda!

Anónimo disse...

bem este album pelos vistos vai ser brutal!!!que venha rapido

Anónimo disse...

acredito sinceramente que alGumas destas musicas(letras) seriam para o PTA...